Friday, December 18

Mei Xuan.


Time flies, I'm into my eighth year of friendship with this girl! She's the best gift from my previous relationship.
 

Along with our latest photograph, she left this on IG:

 
Really lucky to have my best girlfriends. They are supportive in every way. They think superbly well of me, and in spite of major differences, we make it through every time. I once resigned to the possibility that we were never going to speak again. But you came back for me and I haven't actually told you how much I appreciate it.

Over the years thank you for trying to understand my train of thoughts, including the tendency to disregard what I deserve in a bid for what I deem as worthwhile. I know this makes you mad sometimes as you find it tremendously silly. And thank you for always wanting the best for me. Going out of your way to protect me.

You constantly remind me of your love. You say I overlook your flaws, accepting you for who you are within. You do the same for me, and I believe it's how we will roll forever more.

Women are women - they come with bitchiness, not keeping it real, being overly dramatic and competitive - we've seen it all through experience. It is not difficult to find a seemingly 'nice' girl to make friends with. But over time and instances the layers start to peel away... during which strength and beauty of a character is such rarity.

I'm known for being very selective in my choice of friends, male friends too. Well it saves me from unnecessary drama, tension, disappointment and a whole lot of bullshit investing in the wrong people. In my humble opinion, life isn't about making up numbers to hem and haw with. It runs deeper than that. It is friends like you whom have played such an imperative role in mine, becoming a point of certainty that's truly precious. I love you baobao. :)