Wednesday, November 25

Thus, any negative emotion we feel becomes unwarranted. This was extracted from an ebook:

Jesus' only desire was to give. He wanted nothing back in return. It was enough for him to see the people fed. That they were taken care of was all he needed to be satisfied.
 
It's so easy, when embroiled in any kind of struggle with another, to only think of what that struggle is costing you. How did they hurt me? you think. How did they wrong me? When I showed them a measure of goodwill, when I gave them the benefit of the doubt, did they in any way show they were grateful to me for being so kind?
 
"What am I getting out of this?" That's the gist of what we often think when we're in or trying to resolve a fight.
 
Well, next time you find yourself thinking like that, remember how Jesus fed the people. It's almost as much a miracle that Jesus so selflessly fed them as that he fed them in the first place. If I fed thousands of people from nothing but five loaves of bread and a couple of fish, I would expect there to be a huge statue commemorating it on the very next day, if not sooner. I would be tempted to make it all about me and not about simply feeding the people.
 
You may not have the ability to do the physical miracles Christ performed. But we all have what it takes to do the greatest single miracle Jesus performed over and over again: loving selflessly. If you want to live a regret-free life, love others selflessly. It is that miraculous.