Tuesday, September 8

Put your positive pants on!


21:00 Alone in office I've finally cleared my backlog cases! It is a lil eerie, but gota admit I work better without distractions. 2015 has been a slow year. Although not an excuse, certain realizations and the aftermath of it did adversely affect our sales. Yet, am I glad amidst mayhem I've grown even closer to the ones on the ground. Jay, Gina, Sam, WJ - the few I actually want to stay on for. Thanks for being the faces I look forward to every day. :D

A year ago and still gold

Outside of my agency I thank God I receive a lot of encouragement from individuals. Given that I appear rather unfriendly and hostile (everybody says that lol), I'm lucky to have become acquainted with these GE high flyers by chance. It's nice to receive texts from people who genuinely want you to do well. They share ideas unselfishly and go to the extent of designing an action plan... or even spur me on by betting a Maldives ticket if I were able to clear Europe. My performance has no correlation to them. I'm not part of their team. But it is this energy that drives people to want to work towards a common goal. It is sad my motivation comes from external places. At a time like this though, I am grateful for support. Christy sent a photo of Alfa Romeo's dashboard and demanded I visualize myself in the driver's seat as 'photo of the car is too mainstream' HAHA.

Outside of Great Eastern, I thank God for good friends in the same industry. Especially Clyde who checks up on me time to time. I'm proud of his achievements man. From bartender to AIA esteemed financial advisor. ;)

At the end of the day, I beg to differ. This industry tough as it is, isn't all about competition. There's more than enough to go around. I was very disillusioned for a while. So now I gota move ahead at amazing speed hehe. If not for this year, I'll start sowing for the next!