Tuesday, December 8

Surprising thoughts on a rainy night

 

 
I'm hardly touched by gifts from people I do not feel for. Today... I walked into office to find this sitting on my table. It was rather noticeable so everyone came up saying how 'lucky' I was to have something like that delivered on every occasion. Flowers, chocolate, vouchers – things women would love.

While they fussed about the cute décor, well I tuned out. The one advice I turn a deaf ear to repeated itself. Word for word,
 
选爱你的人 真的会比较幸福。 这种幸福很重要。
一个人能喜欢你那么久,对你那么好,是上辈子修来的福。”
 
I appreciate the surprise etc. but instances like these I always wonder if I am capable of reciprocating well. Apparently, my concern is unfounded since committed men are such rareness and every woman's ticket to a lifetime of bliss. Hence sooner or later we realize this and fall in love with them anyway. Really?

I've passed on several good men. Some of whom are happily married by now, and yes, their happy wives look happy indeed.